New York City Invisalign Treatment
Quick, Aesthetic Treatment with Invisalign
Living in New York City comes with a lot of benefits. You are in a cultural hotspot, able to take in all the art, music, theater, food, and fashion you desire. There is always somewhere to go and someone to see. You call the most incredible city in the world home.
It also comes with a lot of pressures.Given that we live in a fashion capital, looking good is one of the biggest pressures of them all. And if your smile doesn’t look its best, it can leave you feeling less than your best when you are out and about in the city.
If you are looking for a straight, bright, and healthy smile, you need professional orthodontic treatment. But a big problem for patients, especially adult patients, is that the treatments that deliver these results are often not very attractive. Metal braces and rubber bands are not exactly in style. However, we have another option we can offer patients in Park Avenue: Invisalign.
Invisalign is like wearing braces, except no braces are needed—or seen. This system tosses out the metal wires and brackets and uses clear, medical-grade plastic aligners in their place. These aligners are designed specifically for you, so they fit directly over the teeth, avoiding any gaps that would make them visible to those around you. This means that your treatment will only between us and you, unless you want to share your experience with this treatment with others.
How Invisalign Progresses Treatment
While the aligners look like retainers, they serve a different function. Retainers hold teeth in place while aligners place pressure on the teeth to move them into place. You are given a series of aligners at a time, and as you switch to the next in the series every two weeks, your teeth are moved a little bit more, slightly closer to their ideal placement.
Your Office Visits
Invisalign is less demanding than other forms of treatment. With braces, you come in about once or twice a month to have them adjusted, changing the pressure to move the teeth into the correct position. Invisalign means fewer visits. You make the adjustments yourself by changing out aligners. We see you every six weeks to make sure things are going as planned and to give you the next set of aligners. Before you know it, treatment is over and you have a smile you can be proud of.
Why You Should Consider New York City Invisalign Treatment
Invisalign is a form of treatment that comes with a lot of benefits. While some are fairly small, others are big enough to take those who are afraid of orthodontic treatment and make them converts. To help you see how Invisalign can help you, let’s take a look at the reasons our patients love it.
- Your treatment is your secret to keep. While there is nothing shameful about straightening your teeth, you don’t always want to let people know something as personal as medical treatment. Invisalign ensures that you can keep things as quiet as you are comfortable with.
- It offers unbeatable comfort. One of the major downsides to braces is that they can be harsh on the tissues of the mouth, rubbing some spots raw until they toughen up and adjust. Invisalign uses smooth plastic that causes no abrasions.
- You can remove them when needed. While they need to be in for about 22 hours a day to be effective, you can take them out when eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing. This means you do not need to change your diet or oral hygiene habits to accommodate Invisalign.
- You know exactly what you are getting into. When we scan your mouth to map the anatomy and make the aligners, we also create mockups of your teeth at every stage of treatment. This allows you to see your smile before we even start treatment.
- You will come in to see us less often. While we make our office as comfortable as possible, coming to see us means changing your schedule, and no one wants to do that more than needed. You can see us just every six weeks for a quick visit and then go on your way.
- You will enjoy less time in treatment when compared to other methods. It doesn’t shorten treatment time significantly, but Invisalign can take a month or two off treatment time when compared to other methods.
Are you interested in Invisalign in Upper East Side? Allow us to be the practice for you. Give us a call and set up your initial consultation.